Welcome to the YYTA. Our school wishes to create the most positive atmosphere for a peaceful and cooperative learning experience. We appreciate you reviewing these guidelines so we can all work together to achieve this goal.
- Students need to wear a YYTA shirt and pants or a white or black linen uniform.
- Please wear a pair of clean flat soled shoes to class.
- Don’t wear outdoor shoes in the training rooms. For your convenience you can purchase tai chi shoes here.
- For safety jewelry, watches, bracelets, dangling earrings, etc. should be removed before the start of class. These objects can also interfere with your qi flow.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes, scented lotions, cologne, etc. during class. Some students are sensitive to the ingredients in these products.
- To show respect for the school we ask that you bow before entering and leaving the training rooms.
- Arrive on time for classes. If you are late please warm up in the lobby until the instructor asks you to join the class.
- Show courtesy by keeping your voice to a minimum while in the lobby when classes are in session.
- No weapons should be used at the Buddha Training Room such as swords, fans, etc.
- Be aware that we can’t provide security for your valuables and regretfully can’t be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Water is allowed, but not food and other beverages.
- School weapons or electronic items require permission to use.
- The thermostat is preset by the instructor and should not be readjusted.
- Please refrain from using the YYTA computer.
- Music has been carefully selected by the instructors and needs no changes.
- Help maintain a peaceful atmosphere by refraining from discussions that are controversial, like political or religious matters.